This is my rangoli for this year. It is again somewhat contemporary and different. I used chalk to make my outlines and then covered with the colored powders and added small detailing. For the diyas I did not use oil, instead I use battery operated tea lights.
Happy Diwali Everyone!
Theme for tomorrow is LILO and Stitch. Once again just wanted to do a simple lunch.
We have a Veggie Burger with cheese, pickles and cowgirl ranch dressing on a ciabatta bun and I drew LILO and Stitch on the top with edible food color markers. Next there are carrots with raisins, pickles and sliced apples.
After another super long day, this is the simplest Bento yet.
Tomorrow’s lunch is Fairy Princess Wand French Toast, pure maple syrup, grapes, Veggie sausage and orange sections.
It has been a super busy weekend and I’m ready to sleep. I tried to do something simple but fun for tomorrow’s lunch for my daughter. The theme is The Princess and the frog.
Grilled cheese in the shape of Tiana’s dress, two frog shaped cucumbers, a forest of broccoli, some grape “rocks”, and a marshmallow with the cute lightning bug friend(it’s too late to remember his name and I’m too tired to even google.)
Tonight I’ve made a Jurassic Park, dinosaur themed bento lunch for my daughter’s second day of school tomorrow.
I made vegetarian roll ups, I used a tortilla to draw the picture with food color markers, raspberries, stegosaurus cucumbers, organic cheese puffs and a hard boiled egg which I made look like a baby raptor hatching.
I don’t know where the summer went, it disappeared too fast! Tomorrow is my daughter’s first day of school. She will be going into the first grade.
I’ve made her a back to school themed bento for tomorrow’s lunch.
All vegetarian, 2 mini burgers with cheese and pickles, which I drew on a chalkboard and apple and a tiger reading. Also a hard boiled egg (crayon, brush and pencil,) carrot sticks, grapes and one semi organic cookie.
I hope everyone has a fun first day at school.
My daughter is a second year Daisy Girl Scout and her vest is quickly filling with badges and pins now. I’ve always had the frustration of seeing her pins rotate and be turned sideways or upside down. Today while sewing on her latest earned petal, I got the idea to try and correct those pins.
I’ve used a tiny piece of scrap felt and cut tiny squares out. Making certain they are small enough to hide behind the pin when on the fabric. I put one square through the back of the pin and then put the pin back in place on the vest.
This easy and simple trick worked perfectly and now all of the pins have stayed perfectly upright.
It should work for any metal pin including Girl Scout pins and also Disney Trading pins.